Monday 12 December 2016

[www.keralites.net] Meet India’s Anand Arnold – the nation’s first wheelchair bodybuilder [2 Attachments]

 


Meet India's Anand Arnold – the nation's first wheelchair bodybuilder

story of Ludhiana's 28-year-old Anand Arnold, who battled cancer and paralysis at the age of 15 to become India's first wheelchair bodybuilder.

Anand Arnold began bodybuilding at the age of 13, and bagged his first title that very year. However, tragedy struck the young fitness enthusiast at the age of 15. He was diagnosed with cancer in his lower spinal chord and surgery left him paralysed.


I started winning titles the moment I got back to my training. I've been crowned Mr. India thrice, Mr Punjab 12 times, and also have 27 other titles to my name.



Training on a wheelchair is not easy at all. For the average person it takes several weeks, at times even several months, to get ready for a competition. But it takes me at least a year. But I am a warrior and I will fight till the end. I do all this without taking any extra supplements or steroids. I think that in itself is a huge achievement.

My father, who is has retired from the Air Force, has been the one who's always ensured that I get whatever I need, be it for my diet, my training or my competitions. I am really grateful to him and to my family for supporting me through and through.

Although I've achieved so much, I feel it's just the beginning. I still have lots to achieve in life. I want to be an example for inspiration and motivation. I want to help people who've given up hope in life to get inspired and fight back to stand on their feet.




__._,_.___
View attachments on the web

Posted by: Ravi Narasimhan <ravi.narasimhan.in@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Check out the automatic photo album with 2 photo(s) from this topic.
a1.jpg a2.jpg

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment